Is there a new baby in the family? Congratulations! A naming ceremony is a wonderful way to welcome children into your family and wider community.
It’s never too late to have a naming ceremony.
For adopted and step-children, naming ceremonies can be a special way to welcome them into their new or blended families.
If older children didn’t have such a ceremony when they were babies, it can provide a sense of unity with the family if they have one at a later time. This can be a completely separate ceremony or included in the welcome to a new baby.
Sometimes teenagers and adults want to change their birth names. A ceremony that celebrates the name they have chosen for themselves is a great way to mark the transition from old to new.
Naming Ceremonies cost $250. These ceremonies can be any time between 9:30am and 4.30 pm anywhere that does not involve more than a total of two hours’ travel for me from Neutral Bay. Once you have secured your booking, travel time includes to and from all meetings outside my home office and the performance of your ceremony on the day.
A non-refundable deposit ($125) secures your booking in my diary and the balance is due ten days before your ceremony.
Included in naming ceremonies are:
- One obligation-free meeting at my home office to discuss your ceremony and for you to get a ‘feel’ for whether I am the right celebrant for you
- Terms of Agreement outlining everyone’s rights and responsibilities during our contract
- Written fee schedule
- Tax invoices/receipts for all payments
- After booking deposit paid, two more meetings to discuss how your ceremony is progressing
- Unlimited phone and email contact
- Resource material to help get you started
- Loan of books with suggested readings to help you create your unique ceremony
- As much or as little help from me as you wish in writing your ceremony
- A commemorative certificate
- Souvenir copy of your ceremony
- Provision of PA system
- An evaluation form for your feedback
I can bring a small signing table and one chair if you can provide someone to assist me to carry everything from and back to my car on the day.
Ceremonies that include extra travel, additional certificates for grandparents and/or godparents or other services not listed above, will incur an additional fee. All extra charges are outlined clearly in the schedule of fees.
Please contact me now for more information about your Naming ceremony.
"Above all, you made our ceremony something special and we will not forget it. Thank you so much Jane, you reflected all our wishes for a perfect ceremony." ~ Tracey & Wayne
"The perfect celebrant for your perfect ceremony"